Thursday, November 20, 2008

starving for creativity

"dream?
my dream is to be happy doing what I do and be the best at it too. I want my name up in lights.
I want to be the best fashion designer I can be."

that's basically how I answered my counselor who was interviewing me.
I'm applying for FIDM, the fashion institute of design and merchandising in LA.
She nodded at me when I answered her question of what my dream was.
haha. I bet she has heard that answer like a zillion time so she humored me with a nod.

She also scheduled me an appointment to meet with the director of fidm in oc to have him take a look at my sketches and determine if I'm admitted or not.
I know I shouldn't be nervous because I heard they have a high percentage of admittance.
but still....
so this next week, I'm going to be sketching a lot
and choosing out my best.
Ahhh no pressure at all.

One thing I've done is set up what inspires me and what I want my theme to be.
I love shapes and bright colors so I'm going to build on that.
Here's a piece of my inspiration board...

by graphic designer Nikki Farquharson

Tara Donovan

Andy Gilmore


Steven Wilson
wish me luck guys. >___<
i'm like pee in my pants, got knots in my throat nervous right now. jeeza

No comments: