Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fashion is...

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I finally got to just sitting down and reading the article on Mary Kate Olsen in the latest issue of Elle mag because usually I just like to look at the pictures and I feel like I have restless leg syndrome cuz i can't sit still and just read. Maybe that's why I haven't been able to finish a decent book since high school which was like 3 years ago even then I skipped some chapters. LOL.
Anyways, I'm glad I finally got to sit down and read it cause it is really good.
Some of the things people said about fashion and what Mary Kate said about it is very...how can I say it... it's like you knew it all along but someone put in the right words.


Quote from Lauren Hutton, a model:

Photobucket

" MK is a kindred spirit. She lives an experimental life. When you're young, you should be trying on lots of things, not just clothes. She understands that. You're not born with taste. That's a bunch of hooey. Like everything else, taste is a process of discovery. I like that about her. She's always discovering her tastes."

And this is why Mary Kate is one of my favorite fashionista.
I like how in the beginning everyone was like, "oh my god she looks like she's we
aring a garbage bag."
but once top designers praise her for her style. Everyone is like, " Omg. she's so stylish."
The first person I seen to start wearing gladiator sandals and heels were the Olsen twins
and now all the celebrities are wearing it and it's the IT thing this season.
BTW, i want one. If only I had money. boohoo.

I also like this one quote from Mary Kate when asked whether she thought she was sexy or not:

Photobucket
"I feel like I can be sexy if I wanted to be. I think all women are sexy. Some may feel it more than others. I personally think that women who are the most sexy are the women who are truly themselves, whatever that may be."

All i gots to say to that is Amen.

1 comment:

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

So True!! I would have to agree... Mary Kate Olsen is one fashionista and a woman of style!!

I love your blog!!