Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's a Fashion business

So I'm very excited because I got a call for an LA fashion internship the other day
and the first thing that came to my mind was what I would be wearing to the interview that would both convey a sense of business professionism (don't think that's a word) and fashionista-ism.
I was thinking and thinking
and since I'm really into the high waist outfit this season. I figure I would go with something like this. A Betsey Johnson piece from Nordstrom. I always liked some of her outfits.

and here's a back view. It adds a little spice to the outfit. And the flowing fabric of the blouse works nicely with the stiff fabric of the skirt. It gives it a little balance. Very nice outfit and it's not very, how do I say, ordinary so that the employer would overlook you as a candidate. And god knows we don't want that.
Anywho, since I was working on the whole outfit I started to ponder what kind of hair style one should wear with this outfit. A Librarian bun will not do at all.
Ahhh... very sleek body waves is the perfect combo. Hit them hard. This hair style says IN CHARGE AND GOING STRAIGHT TO THE TOP. It also seem very sexy and professional at the same time.
And the last thing I would add to this since my outfit is very one color and my personality is I love a lot of color and patterns and detail. I have to add something to please my picky fashion soul.
So bam.....
a little wrist candy....

ahhh... now if I only put this much time and effort into school, I'd be an A student.
Here's wishing I get the internship. See ya next time.

No comments: