Friday, December 21, 2007

My style, your style, New style, who's style?

"Style" is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. Fashion is something that comes after style.

John Fairchild quotes


Ahhhh.... Perfect quote for what I wanted to talk about today.
So I was surfing the net for different fashion forums and I stumble upon TeenVogue's fashion forum and I started to look around. I came upon a post of a young girl who have taken a picture of herself and an outfit she was wearing. She wanted to get people's opinion on how it looked. One person replied, "geez. did you really wear that?"
I had looked at the outfit myself and it was not that bad. It wasn't even extreme. I felt bad for that girl cause She must be feeling like she's not "fashionable" but that's not true at all.
For example, I thought of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen who just last year was blasted and ridicule for their choice of outfits but now you see everyone with tight skinny jeans and platform shoes. A lot of celebrities are wearing giant tshirts looking like a hobo, the same style that MK and A. Olsen was made fun of for wearing.
That's just proof that fashion changes alot. IT's like a little kid unable to decide what they want at a candy store. Don't change yourself for fashion. No rather, Don't change your style for other people's definition of fashion. Just dress how you like and if it makes you happy. That's all that matters.

No comments: